The Stop Prop 49 campaign was a diverse coalition active before the Nov 2002 election
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization
encouraging informed and active participation in government.
It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
The League of Women Voters of California opposed Prop 49 which was on the ballot in 2002. Because proposition numbers are eventually reused, other propositions may use the same number in later years. This web site is archived.
What's New? Learn More
- The Latest Stop 49 News!
About Proposition 49 Learn More
- What does Prop 49 really do?
Why We Oppose Prop 49 Learn More
- Read a summary of our opposition and a message from the president of the League of Women Voters of California.
Learn More about Proposition 49 Learn More
- Other resources for information about Prop 49.
Endorsements Learn More
- Who opposes Prop 49?
Media Learn More
- What the media are saying about Proposition 49.
Join the Campaign Learn More
- How you can help the Stop Prop 49 campaign.
Contact Us Learn More
- Want to help? Need more information? Please contact us.